Thursday, September 6, 2007

Great News!


A few weeks ago Adam had his check-up at the Doctor, at that visit the Doctor said that he was not gaining weight the way he should be. He was only 12 lbs which put him low on the growth chart. I was told to start giving him cereal and baby food and to come back in 3 weeks. After 2 weeks I went to the HD to have him weighed, and still, only 12 lbs. My heart sank, worry set in and I was afraid something was wrong. I spoke to a friend (an early interventionist) who advised me to also include some formula into his diet while continuing to nurse. I listened and began giving about 8-12 oz of formula on top of his baby food and nursing. Today we went back to the doctor, and much to my relief he weighed 12.14, 14 oz. he gained in 9 days. Thank you Lord for your blessings and guidance. He is doing well and is continuing to grow.


Tonight we were playing and he was laughing because he is ticklish under his arms. His smile spreads all across his face. I love him (all of them) more each day. I am so thankful that Adam seems to be fine. He just needed a few more calories in his diet.


We are blessed!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Thank heavens!

He is such a cutie.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear about Adam gaining weight. God has been so wonderful and He always is, Thank you Lord for this precious blessing.
Love Nannie